Fit More Collections Into Less Space.
Libraries are undergoing major changes, including the need to add additional spaces. In order to stay competitive in the library market, spaces for cafes, lecture halls, media rooms, computer labs, collaboration centers and more need to be incorporated.
Moving books, bound journals, scholarly articles, and evidence to an off-site storage facility can free up space at your existing building. Important materials will then be protected, conserved and secured for a long period of time.
Designed specially for off-site storage facilities, Spacesaver’s X-Tend High Bay Mobile and Static Shelving Systems offer optimal space efficiency, protection and accessibility. The system will increase organization and condense your space by occupying storage space from the floor to the ceiling.
Ask us more about our archival storage solutions:
XTend High-Bay Archival Shelving
X-Tend High Bay provides protection to all stored media, strength and durability, flexibility and adjustability, greater storage density, and increased accessibility.
XTend Systems: Product Detail
- Powder-coat paint does not off-gas, keeps archives safe for the long term
- Ideal for consortium library warehouses, college archival facilities, and off-site document storage facilities
- Integral side shelf supports, shelf backstops, upright baffle closure panels and flue spaces contain media and also help protect from fire loss
- Shelves features reinforced cold-rolled steel box-formed construction, can easily be adjusted on vertical increments—and, no tools required to relocate shelves
- Construction exceeds the most stringent NARA fire suppression standards
- Smooth surfaces for sliding archive boxes or book trays
Static X-Tend High Bay Shelving System
This stationary archival storage system functions similar to traditional bookcases, but make the most of your space by storing vertically in your off-site warehouse. Each high-bay shelving system can span up to 35’ high.
Mobile X-Tend High Bay Shelving System
This system combines the static XTend High-Bay shelving with mobile carriages—maximizing every inch of your available space by eliminating static aisles and storing materials from floor to ceiling.