What’s Your Retention & Compliance Schedule Like?
The basis for effectively controlling your organization’s risk management comes down to three terms; achieving objectives, addressing uncertainty, and operating with integrity. If you’re at a loss for words to the question above, you’ll value having friends like us at your back. We’ll become your go-to counselors for everything retention & compliance, saving you time, money, and effort while abiding by the most stringent information governance regulations. The difference between a clerical error and being hit with a million-dollar fine can realistically depend on how well managed and maintained your records are, both digitally and on paper.
Our expert retention & compliance strategists give clients the greatest peace of mind by extensively learning first-hand about your industry’s information governance standards, data and paper retention schedules & business operating procedures. We understand the complexity and the resources needed to remain in compliance across several large and small industries, so we stay atop new market rules and regulations for you not to lose sleep at night. Bringing in the team at Bradford Digital to alleviate your company’s information management risk will reassure the protection of your staff, executive leadership, and most importantly, your clients.
Benefits & Applications
The ultimate goal of organizations aiming to accomplish their regulatory efforts and comply with relevant laws, procedures, and regulations. Records are your organization’s most valuable asset. They hold an incredible amount of information which can sometimes be extremely sensitive or private. Although regulations vary between industries, a well-informed, secure, & up-to-date information governance program can establish the following compliance benefits:
- Ensures information needed for decision making and operations is readily available
- Ensures services are delivered in a consistent and equitable manner
- Facilitates the effective performance of corporate activities
- Protects the rights of the corporation, the clients and the staff
- Provides continuity in the event of a disaster
- Protects records from inappropriate and unauthorized access
- Meets industry national & international statutory and regulatory requirements
- Provides protection and support in litigation
An Encyclopedia of Regulations & Standards
Part of representing a diverse portfolio of clients across multiple markets is comprehending every industry and global compliance standard that applies to your organization. Our long, proven history of working with and understanding these various industries have given us a sharp advantage on the best practices in nearly every field. Below are some examples of industry-specific & global regulating organizations:
- ISO/IEC 27000-series also known as the “ISMS Family of Standards” – Global information security standards
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) – U.S. Department of Commerce technological standards
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) & Joint Commission – Healthcare industry information management, compliance, & best practice standards
- PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) & GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) – Financial industry compliance & privacy standards
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) – U.S. publicly traded organizations’ auditing and financial regulation standards
- COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies) – Information technology (IT) management & governance standards
- FISMA (Federal Information Security Modernization Act) – U.S. federal agencies’ cybersecurity standards
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) – European Union (EU) citizens’ data and privacy standards