Join Our Team
Join our expanding team that, since 1968, has been providing the best physical and electronic means of information and material storage as organizations across the U.S seek to maximize and consolidate their work environments. Bradford offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Direct Sales Position
Bradford Systems Corporation (BSC) seeks to help businesses become more efficient through better design and organization. BSC is the largest provider of equipment storages systems in the Midwest. The firm focuses on corporate/financial institutions, higher education facilities, healthcare, and military applications. We also provide complete document information management services, asset tracking, scanning images, and relocation services. The backbone of the company is its robust sales strategy which includes well trained and responsive sales team. The sales cycle of the company can take as little as two months or up to 2 years. Each sales team member must cultivate, track and continuously follow up on hundreds of prospects and active customers to ensure every sales opportunity is captured, reported and worked to its fullest potential.
Key Responsibilities (Minimum Job Requirements)
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of BSC’s equipment product offerings and IMS/NetTrax service offerings and pricing structures.
- Identify sales leads via cold calling, prospect lists and internal/external referral’s.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up contact/appointments with prospect decision makers
- Enter all leads and sales activity in BSC project and CRM portals or other data collection mediums as defined by the company. At a minimum, on a daily basis, document scheduling and sales activities and development of prospective customers files including sales funnel maintenance of probability, project value, job status, and expected decision dates.
- Manage all leads/prospects on a monthly basis and report activity to General Manager by established company reporting standards.
- Determine prospect/customer needs and propose appropriate storage/data solutions promptly.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers, all promptly. Make sure all approved final drawings and proposals are signed by authorized customer representative and attached to project account.
- Insure all sales orders are booked correctly by sales support team, complete all necessary surveys and customer required paperwork and follow up on customer contract requirements, communicate customer expectations to installation/project management team and perform required customer communication to ensure a smooth installation process for customer utilizing sales support and project installation teams including updating project information in eManage portal
- Complete all required customer and BSC paperwork on sold projects including, but not limited to, pre and post project pictures, warranty documents, post project sign-off and punch lists.
- Follow up with all customers within 30 days of project completion to close out any pending items, complete customer satisfaction survey and obtain customer recommendation letters and document referral efforts from customer.
- Complete and maintain all BSC required vendor training programs as they are critical to your success.
- Complete and maintain all BSC required sales training programs and events as they are critical to your success.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends/threats and communicate to sales management and sales team accordingly.
- Regularly meet with sales/executive management to review monthly sales activities (incl Market Strategy reports), progress on sales and personal development goals and state of prospective customers.
- Prepare annual Market Strategy report for executive management team using all available sales funnel and personal annual goal information.
- Maintain or exceed all BSC performance metrics, quotas and reporting requirements.
- Maintain and protect company property including passwords and access to all data.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
- Must communicate with prospects, customers, vendors and other employees in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills
- Possess analytical/ problem-solving solutions for customers and the company
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Excel and MS word applications.
- Must learn and maintain adequate knowledge of BSC project-based software (eManage) and CRM platform software and others as added by company
- Previous cold calling and networking experience
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- Good driving record, valid driver’s license, full coverage insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Solid employment history
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and training.
- Home and corporate environment and traveling to and from businesses in your territory or as assigned by the company
- Prolonged sitting in car or office.